Kashiwa City Community Newspaper 2017.02.01

最終更新日 2017年2月1日

ページID 038688


There will be changes in the garbage collection system starting from April

Former Kashiwa Area = Waste Policy Division - Phone: 04-7167-1140
Former Shonan Area = Clean Center Shirasagi - Phone: 04-7193-5389

Starting from Saturday, April 1, the system will be changed for garbage collection. Spray cans, cassette gas cylinders and plastic PET bottles will be collected as recyclable items, and the collection method will be changed. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.

Type of garbage

After the change

Before the change

Spray cans and cassette gas cylinders

Completely use up the contents, and put it out for collection (without making a hole in the container)

Completely use up the contents, make a hole in the container and put it out for collection.

PET bottles

(Only the Former Kashiwa Area will change)

Remove the label and put the PET bottle out for collection.

The label can be removed or left on the PET bottle.

Steps to take to dispose of garbage

【Spray cans and cassette gas cylinders】 
1. Completely use up the contents 
2. Do not make a hole in the container, and put the can out for collection on the Recyclable Items/Recyclable Garbage collection day as "empty cans".
【PET bottles (Former Kashiwa Area)】 
1. Remove the label, and rinse out the bottle. Put the bottles out for collection on the Recyclable Items collection day. 
2. Put the labels and caps from the PET bottles out for collection on the Plastic Containers and Packaging collection day.

Please note

If spray cans are not completely emptied, they can cause explosions or fire in the garbage collection vehicles or the garbage disposal facility. It can be extremely dangerous, so please dispose of them correctly, and put them out on the correct collection day.

Please prepare your Municipal/Prefectural Tax and National Income Tax returns early

Municipal/Prefectural Tax and National Income Tax returns will be accepted starting from Thursday, February 16. The tax returns are a report of your income situation in 2016 (From January 1 to December 31 2016). The deadline for tax returns is Wednesday, March 15. Please submit your tax returns as early as possible.
Contact: Citizen's Tax Division - Phone: 04-7167-1124, or the Kashiwa Tax Office - Phone: 04-7146-2321

Please go to the city hall for Municipal/Prefectural Tax Returns 

Who needs to file a tax return?

People who meet the following criteria 1 or 2 must file a tax return.
1: Those who live in Kashiwa City as of January 1st, 2017, and whose total income in 2016 was greater than the following amounts.
・If there are no dependent family members = 315,000 yen
・If there are dependent family members = 315,000 yen x (number of dependent family members + 1) + 189,000 yen.
2: Those who do not live in Kashiwa City as of January 1st, 2017, but have an office, place of business or own real estate in Kashiwa City (including income earners who live in another municipality, and have family members living separately in Kashiwa City).

Please note the following points

◆Those who meet the following criteria do not need to file a return ▶Those who file a national income tax return at the Tax Office ▶Those who receive a salaried income only, and whose employer has submitted a notice of salary payment to the city hall. (補足)please check with your employer whether or not this has been submitted ▶Those whose only income is public pension, and do not need to add any deductions.
◆Those who do not meet either of criteria 1 or 2 (including those who receive a non-tax payment pension such as a surviving family members pension or disability pension) may need to file a tax return if the issuance of a Tax Certificate or the calculation of the National Health Insurance amount is required.
◆If you receive income from a public pension, and require an insurance deduction other than the deduction for the social welfare insurance amount taken from the pension, or if you have not submitted a declaration of dependent family members to a pension payment organization (Japan Pension Service, etc.), and need to add in a deduction for a spouse or dependent family members, please submit a municipal/prefectural tax return.

How should I file a return?

1 Filing your return by mail
The tax return forms for municipal and prefectural tax will be sent by mail at the end of January to those who filed a return last year. Referring to the enclosed filing procedures, please complete the required parts of the tax return forms. The completed forms must be received by Wednesday, March 15. Please mail them to 〒277-8505, Kashiwa City Hall, Citizen's Tax Division, (tax returns must be received by the deadline). For those who need a copy of the tax return, please make a copy before you submit it as above. If you need to receive the form stamped with a proof of receipt, please enclose a self-addressed envelope with an 82-yen stamp.

2 Filing your return in person at the tax return area provided by the city
At the tax return areas listed in the separate Table 1, you can create and submit your tax return with guidance provided by city officials. You can also obtain guidance for your tax return at one of the "Free Consultation Sessions provided by Certified Public Tax Accountants" which are listed in the separate Table 2. (Only tax returns created at the consultation session can be submitted.)

■ Table 1 - Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return Areas (補足)not including Saturdays and Sundays



Reception Hours

Thursday, February 16 to Wednesday, March 15


Chuo Kominkan (Central Public Hall), 3rd Floor)

▶9:00 to 11:30am

▶1:00 to 4:00pm

(補足)The area will be open for entry at 8:30am. Depending on the number of people waiting in line for assistance, the reception desk may close early.

Wednesday, March 1 to Wednesday, March 15

Shonan Building, 1st Floor Lobby

There are limitations for the tax return consultation reception desk

Guidance for national income tax returns, tax return creation, and receipt of completed returns will be done for basic income tax returns for those receiving a pension. For National Tax Returns for salaried income earners or tax returns that contain the following particular items, please go directly to the Tax Office for consultation, and to file your return.

【Types of tax returns which are not applicable for the consultation, and cannot be submitted】
●Returns for those who are not receiving a pension
●Tax returns for years other than 2016 
●Blue tax returns
●Tax returns for foreigners or deceased persons.
●Tax returns for consumption tax and donation tax.
●Tax returns for income resulting from businesses, agriculture or real estate accounts.
●If there are profits and losses from the transfer of land, homes, stocks, etc.
●Tax returns for the receipt of deductions related to miscellaneous losses resulting from the East Japan Great Earthquake.
●Tax returns that will receive deductions for a mortgage (a special deduction for bank loans for the purchase of a home).
●Previously submitted tax returns that must be resubmitted to correct an error.

For National Income Tax Returns, please go to the Tax Office

For more information on how to submit a return, or whether a return is required, please contact the Kashiwa Tax Office (Phone: 04-7146-2321).

Free tax return consultation and receipt provided by the Kashiwa Branch of the Chiba Certified Public Tax Accountant’s Association

Certified Public Tax Accountants will provide consultation, and assistance with creating and filing tax returns for those who receive a salaried income or pension, and returns for income tax for small-scale taxpayers and consumption tax. (Assistance will not be available for returns involving mortgage deductions, or profits or losses from the transfer of real estate or stocks.)

■Table 2 - Free Tax Return Consultation and Receipt provided by Certified Public Tax Accountants




Consultation Schedule

Thursday, February 2, and Friday, February 3. 

Hikarigaoka Kinrin Center

280 people on each day 

9:30am to 3:30pm

(補足)Numbered service tickets will be distributed starting at 8:30am

Monday, February 6

Nishihara Kinrin Center

200 people on each day 

Tuesday, February 7

Himawari Plaza (Former Shonan Kominkan) 

Wednesday, February 8, and Thursday, February 9

Nanbu Kinrin Center

280 people on each day 


◎ Guidance will also be provided for Municipal/Prefectural Tax Returns. For both National Income Tax, and Municipal/Prefectural Tax, only tax returns created on the same day at the consultation area will be accepted.

Documents required for both the Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return and the National Income Tax Return: Make sure you have these documents before you come in to file your return!

(補足)These certifying documents are for 2016. For items 1 to 4, copies are inadmissible.
【Documents which show the amount of your income】
1. Tax certificate slips (“gensen-choshu-hyo”) for income or public pensions.
2. Payment records, etc. ("shiharai-chosho") for other earnings or compensation (if you have income other than in part 1)
【Documents which show the amount of your deductions】
3. Insurance amount deduction certificates (National Pension Insurance, life insurance, earthquake insurance, etc.)
4. Receipts from medical expenses
5. If you have been compensated for medical costs, bring documents that show the amount of compensation (hospitalization benefits, high-cost medical expenses, etc.)
6. Disabled Person's Handbook (for those who receive a disability deduction)
7. Receipts for bill payment for National Health Insurance, Nursing Care Insurance, Latter-Stage Elderly Medical Treatment System Insurance, etc.

8. Either of the following ▶My Number Card ▶Notification Card along with photo ID such as your driver’s license. (補足)If you file a return at the city hall, also bring a copy of each document.
9. Inkan name stamp (personal seal)
10. Writing instruments (ball-point pen), calculator
11. Documents showing your account number (under your own name) for your financial institution (for those who are filing a National Income Tax Return only)

Answers to frequently asked questions

Q: The public pension is my only source of livelihood. Do I have to file a tax return?
A: If your pension income is under 4,000,000 yen, and your income from sources other than public pension is under 200,000 yen, you do not need to file a national tax return. However, even in this case, if income tax is collected from the source of income, you may be able to get a tax refund by filing for medical expense deductions.

If you do not file a national tax return, your municipal and prefectural tax will be levied according to the pension payment report submitted to the city by the pension payment organization. If you have deductions that you need to add, or if you have income from sources other than your public pension, you will need to file a return for your municipal and prefectural taxes.



所在地 柏市柏5丁目10番1号(本庁舎3階)
電話番号 04-7167-0941