Kashiwa City Community Newspaper 2016.02.01

最終更新日 2016年2月1日

ページID 030321


Please prepare your Municipal/Prefectural Tax and National Income Tax returns early

Municipal/Prefectural Tax and National Income Tax returns will be accepted starting from Tuesday, February 16. The tax returns are a report of your income situation in 2015 (From January 1 to December 31 2015). The deadline for tax returns is Tuesday, March 15. Please submit your tax returns as early as possible.
Contact: Citizen's Tax Division - Phone: 7167-1124, or the Kashiwa Tax Office - Phone: 7146-2321

Please go to the city hall for Municipal/Prefectural Tax Returns 

Who needs to file a tax return?

People who meet the following criteria 1 or 2 must file a tax return.
1: Those who live in Kashiwa City as of January 1st, 2016, and whose total income in 2015 was greater than the following amounts.
・If there are no dependent family members = 315,000 yen
・If there are dependent family members = 315,000 yen x (number of dependent family members + 1) + 189,000 yen.
2: Those who do not live in Kashiwa City as of January 1st, 2016, but have an office, place of business or own real estate in Kashiwa City (including income earners who live in another municipality, and have family members living separately in Kashiwa City).

Please note the following points

◆Those who meet the following criteria do not need to file a return ▶Those who file a national income tax return at the Tax Office ▶Those who receive a salaried income only, and whose employer has submitted a notice of salary payment to the city hall (please check with your employer whether or not this has been submitted) ▶Those whose only income is public pension, and do not need to add any deductions.
◆Even those who do not meet either of criteria 1 or 2 (including those who receive a non-tax payment pension such as a surviving family members pension or disability pension) may need to file a tax return if the issuance of a Tax Certificate or the calculation of the National Health Insurance amount is required.
◆If you receive income from a public pension, and require an insurance deduction other than the deduction for the social welfare insurance amount taken from the pension, or if you have not submitted a declaration of dependent family members to a pension payment organization (Japan Pension Service, etc.), and need to add in a deduction for a spouse or dependent family members, please submit a municipal/prefectural tax return.

How should I file a return?

1 Filing your return by mail
The tax return forms for municipal and prefectural tax will be sent by mail at the end of January to those who filed a return last year. Referring to the enclosed filing procedures, please complete the required parts of the tax return forms. The completed forms must be received by Tuesday, March 15. Please mail them to 〒277-8505, Kashiwa City Hall, Citizen's Tax Division, or bring them in directly to one of the tax return areas listed on the attached tables 1 and 2.
※For those who need a copy of the tax return, please make a copy before you submit it. If you need to receive the form stamped with a proof of receipt, please enclose a self-addressed envelope with an 82 yen stamp.

2 Filing your return in person at the tax return area provided by the city
At the tax return areas listed in Table 1, you can create and submit your tax return with guidance provided by city officials. You can also obtain guidance for your tax return at one of the "Free Consultation Sessions provided by Certified Public Tax Accountants" which are listed in Table 2. (Only tax returns created at the consultation session can be submitted.)

■ Table 1 - Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return Areas



Reception Hours

Tuesday, February 16 to Tuesday, March 15

※Not including Saturdays and Sundays

Chuo Kominkan 

(Central Public Hall), 3rd Floor)

▶9:00 to 11:30am

▶1:00 to 4:00pm

※The area will be open for entry at 8:30am. 

Depending on the number of people waiting in line for assistance, 

the reception desk may close early.

Tuesday, March 1 to Tuesday, March 15

※Not including Saturdays and Sundays 

Shonan Building, 1st Floor Lobby

◎ Guidance for national income tax returns, tax return creation, and receipt of completed returns will also be done for basic income tax returns for those receiving a pension. For National Tax Returns for salaried income earners or tax returns which contain the following particular items, please go directly to the Tax Office for consultation, and to file your return.

Inadmissible items for consultation and tax returns

●Tax returns for years other than 2015 
●Blue Tax Returns
●Tax returns for foreigners or deceased persons.
●Tax returns for consumption tax and donation tax.
●Tax returns for income resulting from businesses, agriculture or real estate accounts.
●If there are profits and losses from the transfer of land, homes, stocks, etc.
●Tax returns for the receipt of deductions related to miscellaneous losses resulting from the East Japan Great Earthquake, or storm damage from Typhoon 18 in 2015.
● Tax returns which will receive deductions for a mortgage (a special deduction for bank loans for the purchase of a home).

For National Income Tax Returns, please go to the Tax Office

Who needs to file a tax return?

If the total amount of your income is greater than the total amount of your income deductions, you will need to file a return if the following criteria apply to you.
◆If you have income from a business, agriculture, real estate, etc.
1. Those who have an amount remaining after subtracting the deduction for dependents, the basic deduction, and other income deductions from the total amount of all types of income for 2015, and subsequently subtracting the allotted deductions from the tax amount calculated based on the first deductions.
2. Those who sold property including real estate such as land (leased) or buildings, a golf club membership, etc.
◆If you are a company employee, or otherwise have a salaried income
1. Your salaried earnings amount for 2015 was over 20,000,000 yen
2. If you earned a salary from one place, and your total earnings from sources other than your salaried income or severance pay were over 200,000 yen.
3. You earned a salary from more than 2 places, and the amount of your income from sources other than your salary or severance pay that was not in the year-end adjustment was over 200,000 yen.
4. You are an executive or family member of a family business, and other than the salary from the family business, you received payments for interest on loans, the rental charges for shops, factories, etc. or usage charges for machinery and tools.

How do I file a return?

1 Filing your return by mail
The completed tax returns must be received by Tuesday, March 15. Please mail the completed return with all required information filled in to 〒277-8522 Kashiwa Tax Office. If you need a copy of your tax return for a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed envelope with an 82 yen stamp.
2 Filing your return in person at the Kashiwa Tax Office
Date and time: Tuesday, February 16 to Tuesday, March 15, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ※Excluding Saturdays and Sundays, however the reception desk will be open on two Sundays; February 21, and February 28.
Other ▶You may also submit your return by placing it in the after-hours document receipt box next to the main entrance of the Kashiwa Tax Office. ▶Please refrain from coming by car. ※The parking lot at the Kashiwa Tax Office will be unavailable until the middle of April.
3 Filing your return at the Free Consultation Sessions provided by the Kashiwa Branch of the Chiba Prefecture Certified Public Tax Accountants
You can file and create tax returns with guidance from Certified Public Tax Accountants. This applies to national income tax returns for income tax for salaried income earners, and pension recipients, and income tax and consumption tax for small-scale taxpayers (not including tax returns for those who receive a home mortgage deduction or those who had income or losses from the transfer of real estate or stocks).

■Table 2 - Free Tax Return Consultation and Receipt provided by Certified Public Tax Accountants
(Only 3 locations will be open this time.)




Monday, February 1

9:30am to 3:30pm

※Numbered service tickets 

will be distributed 

starting at 8:30am

Nanbu Kinrin Center

280 people - 

Service provided in order of arrival.

Tuesday, February 2

Wednesday, February 3

Hikarigaoka Kinrin Center

Thursday, February 4

Friday, February 5

Shonan Kominkan 

(Community Hall)

200 people - 

Service provided in order of arrival.

◎ Guidance will also be provided for Municipal/Prefectural Tax Returns. For both National Income Tax, and Municipal/Prefectural Tax, only tax returns created on the same day at the consultation area will be accepted.

4 Filing your tax return using the National Tax Electronic Return and Tax Payment System
Using the internet, you can file your return and pay your taxes through this convenient system. The advantages of this method include fast tax refunds.
◎ An electronic certificate is required for the tax return (valid for a period of 3 years). For more information, please see the e-Tax homepage, or the e-Tax "Tax Return Creation Corner" Help Desk - Phone: 0570-01-5901 

Documents required for both the Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return and the National Income Tax Return: Make sure you have these documents before you file your return!

※These certifying documents are for 2015. For items 1. to 4., copies are inadmissible.
【Documents which show the amount of your income】
1.Tax certificate slips (“gensen-choshu-hyo”) for income or public pensions.
2.Payment records, etc. ("shiharai-chosho") for other earnings or compensation (if you have income other than in part 1.)
【Documents which show the amount of your deductions】
3. Insurance amount deduction certificates (National Pension Insurance, life insurance, earthquake insurance, etc.)
4.Receipts from medical expenses
5. If you have been compensated for medical costs, bring documents which show the amount of compensation (hospitalization benefits, high-cost medical expenses, etc.)
6.Receipts for bill payment for National Health Insurance, Nursing Care Insurance, Latter-Stage Elderly Medical Treatment System Insurance, etc.
7.Disabled Person's Handbook (for those who receive a disability deduction)

8.Inkan name stamp (personal seal)
9.Writing instruments (ball-point pen), calculator
10.Documents showing your account number (under your own name) for your financial institution (for those who are filing a National Income Tax Return only)

Answers to frequently asked questions

Q: The public pension is my only source of livelihood. Do I have to file a tax return?
A: If your pension income is under 4,000,000 yen, and your income from sources other than public pension is under 200,000 yen, you do not need to file a national tax return. However, even in this case, if income tax is collected from the source of income, you may be able to get a tax refund by filing for medical expense deductions.
If you do not file a national tax return, your municipal and prefectural tax will be levied according to the pension payment report submitted to the city by the pension payment organization. If you have deductions that you need to add, or if you have income from sources other than your public pension, you will need to file a return for your municipal and prefectural taxes.



所在地 柏市柏5丁目10番1号(本庁舎3階)
電話番号 04-7167-0941