Kashiwa City Community Newspaper 2016.01.15

最終更新日 2016年1月15日

ページID 030112


Issuance of Individual Number Cards

Contact: Kashiwa City My Number Call Centre - Phone: 7165-0178, Fax: 7164-0848
Those who have applied for their Individual Number Card can come in to receive it by appointment.

How to receive your card

1. The Notice of Issuance will be delivered as a complete set.
Please check to make sure that the following documents are enclosed: ▶Individual Number Card Notice of Issuance (postcard) ▶Information for the issuance of your Individual Number Card.
2. Make an appointment to receive your card.
Please make an appointment at least 2 days in advance by using the appointment form on the Kashiwa City homepage, or by calling the Kashiwa City My Number Call Centre.
※The appointment number and confirmation number written on the postcard will be required.
3. Please come in to receive your card at your appointed date and time.
The applicant should bring the required documents, and come in person to the City Hall, Main Building, 1st floor lobby. ※If someone other than the applicant will be picking up the Individual Number Card in the case that the applicant is hospitalized or cannot come in person due to other special circumstances, please see the city homepage, or call the Kashiwa City My Number Call Centre to confirm.

What to bring

1.Individual Number Card Notice of Issuance 2.Driver's license, passport, or other documents which identify the applicant. 3.Notice Card 4.Basic Resident Register Card (only those who have one) 5. The information for the issuance of your Individual Number Card. ※Please fill in the passcode ahead of time.

Be on the lookout for unauthorized door-to-door canvassers and personal information collection scams that are taking advantage of the My Number System

The ministries of the national government, city hall, and other administrative organizations will not, under any circumstances, ask about bank accounts or PIN numbers, the structure of your family, make requests for money or ask you to use an ATM. If you receive any suspicious phone calls, letters or visitors, please do not respond to them.

Get ready for your tax return early

Contact: Regarding income tax returns = Kashiwa Tax Office - Phone: 7146-2321. Regarding tax filing for municipal or prefectural tax = Citizens' Tax Division - Phone: 7167-1124
The submission period for returns for Income Tax and Special Income Tax for Reconstruction for the year Heisei 27 (2015) is from Tuesday, February 16 to Tuesday, March 15.

Regarding income tax returns

1. An area to complete your income tax returns will be set up in the Kashiwa Tax Office.
Time period: Monday, February 8 to Tuesday, March 15 ※Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. Special days of service on Sunday, February 21 and Sunday, February 28. National tax receipt, telephone consultation, and issuance of tax payment certificates will not be done on Sunday service days.
Other: The Kashiwa Tax Office parking lot will be unavailable for use until mid-April.
2. Free consultation for income tax returns provided by the Certified Public Tax Accountants' Association
Certified Public Tax Accountants registered with the Kashiwa Branch of the Chiba Certified Public Tax Accountants' Association will be operating a tax return consultation desk and providing guidance for creating tax returns.

Date and Time


Applicable items for consultation


Monday, February 1

9:30am to 3:30pm

※Numbered service tickets 

will be distributed from 8:30am

Nanbu Kinrin Center

Consultation and completion for the 

following simple tax returns

▶Income tax for salaried or pension income earners

▶Income tax for small-scale tax payers

▶Consumption tax, etc.

280 people per day

Tuesday, February 2

Wednesday, February 3

Hikarigaoka Kinrin Center

Thursday, February 4

Friday, February 5

Shonan Kominkan (Public Hall)

200 people per day

Points to note:
● Please make sure you have plenty of time when you come in.
● Please refrain from coming by car.
● Municipal and prefectural tax returns can also be received at the tax return area.
● Forms/documents other than the forms completed at the tax return area on the day you come in will not be accepted. Forms that you have created yourself can be submitted in the following way ▶National Income Tax return forms = Send by mail or bring in person to 〒277-8522, Kashiwa Tax Office ▶Municipal/Prefectural Tax return forms = Send by mail to 〒277-8505, Kashiwa City Hall, Citizens' Tax Division ※For those who require a stamp of receipt, please enclose a return envelope with your name, address, and a 82 yen stamp affixed.
● For any of the following matters, please go directly to the Tax Office for consultation.
▶Reporting profits or losses as a result of the transfer of property (land, buildings or stocks).
▶If you are claiming a home mortgage deduction (a special deduction for bank loans to purchase a home)

Documents required to make an income tax return


Items (Documents from 2015)

Items which show the amount of your income

1.Tax withholding slips from your salary or public pension

2.Payment records (from income sources other than in 1.)

Items which show the amount of deductions

3.Insurance fees deduction certificate (National Health Insurance fees, 

life insurance fees, earthquake insurance fees, and former Long-Term Loss Insurance fees. 

4.Receipts from medical treatment costs 5.If the medical treatment costs have been covered, 

documents which show the full cost (in-patient benefits and high-cost medical treatment fees, etc.)

 6.Payment receipts for National Health Insurance, Nursing Care Insurance, 

Latter-Stage Elderly Healthcare System, etc. 7.Disabled Person's Passbook


8.Writing instrument (Ball-point pen. Anything erasable will not be permitted.) 9.Calculator 10.Inkan (name stamp) 

11.A document which shows the account number at your financial institution

 (along with the name of the person filing the return)

※Items 1. to 4. cannot be copies. The payments listed in items 4. and 6. should be organized and the total amounts should be calculated. Item 11. is for the income tax return only.

Convenient ways to create your return

● The National Tax Agency homepage
You can create your return using the "Tax return form creation corner" (確定申告書等作成コーナー). For questions regarding your income tax return, "Tax Answer" is convenient.
● Electronic tax returns / tax payment system (e-Tax)
National tax returns and payments can be done through the internet. ※The electronic certificate is valid for 3 years. For more information, please contact the e-Tax / Tax Form Creation Corner Help Desk - Phone: 0570-01-5901.

Points to note when you create your tax return

1 Those who receive a deduction for medical expenses:
If the person filing the return, or a family sharing a single income paid over a certain amount of medical expenses last year, an income tax refund may be received if a medical expense deduction is filed in the tax return.
How to calculate your medical expense deduction amount:
(Medical expenses paid from January to December in 2015) - (The amount compensated (insurance benefits, etc.)) - (100,000 yen or 5% of the total income amount, whichever is less) = Medical expense deduction amount (up to 2,000,000 yen)

2 Those who receive a special deduction for bank loans to purchase a home (Home Mortgage Deduction):
Those who moved in to their new home between 2001 and 2006 (excluding July 1, 2001 to December 31, 2005), or from 2009 to 2015 and receive a Home Mortgage Deduction, but cannot apply the whole deduction amount to their income tax, can receive a deduction for part of their municipal or prefectural tax. For those who are filing a return, make sure to file by Tuesday, March 15.
For those who moved in to their new home during 2015:
If you are applying a Home Mortgage Deduction for the first time, you will need to file your tax return at the tax office.
For those who moved in to their new home between 2001 and 2006 (excluding July 1, 2001 to December 31, 2005), or from 2009 to 2014:
If items 1. or 2. apply to you, you do not need to file a return for your Home Mortgage Deduction.
1.Those who receive only a salaried income:
All of the following requirements are met: ▶A year-end adjustment has been completed ▶The date of moving in to the home, and other items are specified ▶A salary payment report has been submitted to the city hall by your place of employment.
2.Those who will complete a national income tax return
The date of moving in to your home, and other items are specified.

3 Those who have dependent family members under 16 years of age:
This part is necessary for the calculation of the limit for tax exemption for municipal and prefectural tax, so please fill in the second chart on the tax return for "Resident's Tax-Related Items" (住民税に関する事項), and fill in the space for dependent family members under 16 years of age.

Regarding tax returns for municipal and prefectural tax

Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return forms for the 2016 fiscal year are scheduled to be sent out at the end of January to those who submitted a Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return last year. Those who submit a National Tax Return do not need to submit a Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return. ※Even if you submitted a tax return within last year, you will not be sent a tax return form if you are not anticipated to need one. If you require a tax return, please contact the Citizen's Tax Division.
If you are submitting a tax return, please refer to the materials enclosed, and complete the necessary parts of the forms. Please submit it by mail to 〒277-8505, Kashiwa City Hall, Citizen's Tax Division. ※Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return forms can also be created through the city homepage. You can print the form you have created, and submit it by mail. A special area for Municipal/Prefectural Tax Returns will be open from Tuesday, February 16 to Tuesday, March 15. More information will be included in the February 1 edition of this publication.
○Points to Note○
Those who do not need to submit a National Tax Return because they receive a pension income may require a Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return in the following cases: ▶They are receiving income from sources other than their public pension▶They are adding tax deductions.

Your cooperation is appreciated with the prompt submission of the Salary Payment Report

Individuals or corporations who paid salary or wages in 2015 (including union official's salary, or part-time workers wages) have an obligation to file a Salary Payment Report for everyone who receives the wages, and is living in Kashiwa City as of January 1. For the salaried income earners, this is a very important document for the Municipal/Prefectural Tax Return, so please make sure to submit it by the deadline.
Submission deadline: Monday, February 1 
How to submit: Please mail the completed form, or bring it in person to 〒277-8505, Kashiwa City Hall, Citizen's Tax Division (City Hall, Main Building, 2nd Floor). ※The form can also be submitted through the "Local Tax Electronic Return Service (eLTAX)" (地方税の電子申告サービス). For more information, please see the eLTAX homepage.

Temporary closure of the Kashiwa Eki-Mae Administrative Service Center, and the Automatic Certificate Issuance Machine

Due to a regular test of the electronic equipment, the Kashiwa Eki-Mae Administrative Service Center and the Kashiwanoha Service Corner will be closed. The Automatic Certificate Issuance Machines located at the City Hall Main Building Lobby, and at the Kashiwa Eki-Mae Administrative Service Center will also be out of service for the duration of the day.
Date: Saturday, January 23
Contact: Citizen's Division - Phone: 7167-1128, Kashiwa Eki-Mae Administrative Service Center - Phone: 7168-5500 or the Kashiwanoha Service Corner - Phone: 7134-6700



所在地 柏市柏5丁目10番1号(本庁舎3階)
電話番号 04-7167-0941